Thursday, October 28, 2010

So...I'm a little frustrated with life right now

If you couldn't tell from one of my recent blog posts, I'm kinda annoyed with my lack of fall break. This annoyance is manifesting itself in several different ways:

  • I no longer understand the importance of my alarm...and tend to turn it off in my half-asleep state
  • I lose track of what day it is (which, when coupled with the above means that my normal punctual self is occasionally late for class...which REALLY upsets me)
  • I have minimal patience for inefficiency
  • I become highly apathetic (as it pertains to things that actually matter...little things, however, continue to bug me at the same level)
  • My emotions have kinda gone haywire (I'm pretty sure I almost cried during a 30 Rock episode...who does that?)

Anyway, this annoyance/"need for a mental break/neverending to-do list"/"avoidance of said neverending to-do list"/"sense of impending doom due to the fact that time continues to pass despite my denial" has not produced the happiest week of my life.

In fact, I'm quite easily annoyed as of late...here's my current list of Most-Annoying-Things-Ever (it changes regularly and is in no particular order):

  1. People who correct me...especially when I know MORE about the subject than they do...
  2. Habitual tardiness...once I can understand...every day? Really? Try harder
  3. Talking just to hear your own voice...it's not pretty. Unless you have a valid point, shut up
  4. Excessive, selfish interviewing. You KNOW you aren't going to take that job, DON'T interview! It's mean.
  5. Cynicism
  6. Elitism
  7. Ole Miss & Houston Nutt
  8. Paid parking on Dickson Street
  9. People who don't do their homework...but expect the rest of the class to do it so they don't have to answer
  10. Our neighbors...they're really loud and seem to have no idea that most people like to SLEEP at 3am, not rev engines and have cackling contests

I guess it's fair to say that the "I love being back in school" honeymoon phase is over. It's not unexpected, though - this happens every year at the end of October when I realize I still have a whole month before I get a break of any sort. And I usually try to be happy on my blog ('cause I'm generally a fairly happy person), but today you get the annoyed me.

Wanna know what it's like to get an MBA?
Sometimes it's frustrating.
Sometimes you get overwhelmed.
Sometimes your classmates drive you insane.
Sometimes your neighbors keep you from a good night's sleep three nights in a row.

But most of the time it's actually pretty great. Most of the time I like my classmates...and my loud neighbors... Life is just frustrating right now. This will pass, it always does. But I won't hide it. If you came here looking for info on what life as an MBA student is really like, you should get the whole picture, not just the fun parts. After all, it's all part of the experience, right? We learn from everything...or at least we try.

No comments:

Post a Comment